[bg_collapse view="link" color="#4a4949" icon="arrow" expand_text="Read Bio" collapse_text="Close" ]Shirley was first elected to the North Dakota House of Representatives in 1997. During her time in the legislature, she served on the Judiciary, Transportation, Finance and Tax, Political Subdivisions, Natural Resources, and Appropriations Committees. Shirley was elected to serve on the Legislative Management Committee for three sessions, and chaired the Judicial Process Committee.
- Co-Chair of the ND Oil Refinery Task Force.
- Awarded the Flemming Fellowship in 2006.
- Awarded the BILLD Fellowship in 2000.
- Current board member of the ND Cowboy Hall of fame.
- Served on the Advisory Committee of the Dickinson
- State University Department of Nursing.
- Represented ND on the National Meat Export Federation,
- Served on the ND Beef Commission for six years.
- Served on the North Dakota State University Agricultural Board, and the State Board of Ag Research.
- Named outstanding Agriculturist of the year
Shirley Meyer farms and ranches south of Dickinson along with her husband Dean. She has two grown children, and six grandchildren.[/bg_collapse]